Restylane and Juvederm – Facial Fillers
What are facial fillers?
Restylane and Juvederm are two of the most popular fillers used in today’s anti-aging market. They are made up of a clear gel formulation of hyaluronic acid that is specifically formulated to act as the same acid your own body naturally produces. Using this formula as a facial filler instantly helps visibly reduce moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, add volume and fullness to the skin, and even add fullness to your lips.
Are facial fillers safe?
Restylane and Juvederm are the world's most studied wrinkle filler with more than a decade of use. They have been used in more than 15 million treatments in over 65 countries worldwide. These products have well-defined safety profiles and are approved for the treatment of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds
What is hyaluronic acid (HA)?
Hyaluronic acid (HA) is a naturally occurring substance found on your skin. As you age, you start to lose HA, which causes the skin to lose structure and volume, contributing to the formation of wrinkles and folds.
What are the different types of wrinkles?
There are two different types of wrinkles:
1. Dynamic wrinkles are caused when muscles contract to make facial expressions such as smiles and frowns.
2. Static wrinkles develop because our skin's natural substances (such as collagen and hyaluronic acid), which provide structure and volume, decrease over time.
What is the difference between Juvederm and Restylane?
There are not many differences between these two fillers. Both are made from hyaluronic acid and help treat moderate to severe facial lines and wrinkles. Both are FDA approved and very safe for regular use.
Since Restylane has a thicker consistency, it is usually the preferred choice for areas such as the lips are deep lines that require extra support. However, because Juvederm is a smoother consistency it tends to be longer lasting.
The important thing to note is that everyone’s skin reacts differently, so it is important to speak with our Doctor to find out the right filler for you
How long does trea?tment usually take?
The injection process can be performed during a brief office visit (10-20 min). You'll also need to allow time to consult with your doctor prior to treatment. Touch-up injections as well as repeat injections are usually needed to maintain optimal results. Less gel (about half the amount) is usually needed for repeat injections.
How long do these fillers last?
Correction is temporary and may last up to one year with optimal treatment. Therefore, touch-up injections, as well as repeat injections, are usually needed to maintain optimal results. Less material (about half the amount) is usually needed for repeat injections.
How is recieving an injectable treatment at NJ Anti Aging Clinic unique?
1. Dr. Metelitsin and our medical aestheticians examine your skin to first determine the best course of treatment that will achieve the improvement you want. We can design a customized, comprehensive treatment program just for you. Your program may include complementary procedures and/or medical-grade products that will allow you to see a visible enhancement of your face.
2. We have extensive training and experience in using the advance technology applied during your treatment. This means that we know how to use the device properly, substantially increasing the success of your treatment to obtain highly satisfying results for you.
3. Your improvement will be assessed after each session to determine how you’re progressing in your treatment. A complementary treatment may be recommended that can facilitate your progression.